Last Revised: August 13, 2014
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian (with its affiliates, collectively referred to as “Hoag”) recognizes the concerns about protecting the privacy of information provided by general users of our websites, online locations, apps and services.
NOTE:Hoag’s Notice of Privacy Practices under HIPAA governs how medical information about you may be used and disclosed by Hoag.
1. How We Collect Information
Hoag collects information through your online and offline general interactions with Hoag and the Sites, such as:
- Signing up for an email newsletter through the Sites;
- Signing up for community education classes or other events;
- Filling out an online submit form to request an appointment or for a Hoag representative to call you back
- Email signup forms filled out at community education classes, Hoag facilities, or at an event;
- Entering a Hoag survey, sweepstakes, contest or giveaway;
- Contacting Hoag customer service or support, or providing feedback;
- Making an online, in person or telephone purchase of a class or other non-medical services from Hoag;
- Registering for an online account;
- Transacting business with Hoag;
- Visiting or browsing the Sites and/or third party websites or apps.
We also may acquire information from other sources (such as offline records or publicly available information) and from vendors and other third parties, some of which partner with Hoag or with an ad display network utilized by Hoag. Non-personally identifiable information also may be obtained by these other sources from inferences based upon the sites you visit, third party data, information you share on other websites, social media platforms and applications, or demographics derived from profiles or accounts that you create, to the extent permitted in their privacy policies.
2. What Information We Collect
Hoag may collect the personally identifiable information that you give to us in connection with your general interactions with Hoag. Personal information you provide may include:
- Your name, home address, email address, and phone number and comments;
- Order history and preferences for services and product offerings;
- Employer name and work address;
- Financial information;
- Social security number;
- Date of Birth;
- Payment information, such credit or debit card number or other payment method;
- Billing and shipping information;
We also may collect or acquire non-personally identifiable information, such as:
IP address, general geographic location such as the city from which your computer or device is connecting to the Internet, web browser type and version, operating system, the type of computer or device you use to connect to the Sites or third party websites and apps, or other technical information about your visit to the Sites;links clicked, webpages requested and visited, timestamps, or other navigational information about visits to the Sites such as your activities while visiting the Sites and the content you access or view, websites you visit prior to and after visiting the Sites, and information regarding your Internet location when you see Hoag’s ads and whether you click on such ads, and information regarding your age, gender and interests with respect to products and services.
If you provide personally identifiable information to Hoag through the Sites, we may be able to connect non-personally identifiable information such as your IP address to you.
- “Demographics and Interest Reporting” to analyze information regarding the interests and demographics of users of the Sites. Hoag uses such non-personal information in the same manner as other non-personal information as described below.
- “Remarketing with Google Analytics” to place ads on other sites directed to people who visited the Sites.
- “Google Display Network Impression Reporting” to report how people’s interactions with Hoag’s ads relate to their visits to the Sites.
You can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en You can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by changing the ad settings at:
3. How We Use Information We Collect
- Providing you with access to your online account
- Improving your web experience;
- Completing purchases of or registering your participation in community education classes and other events;
- Emailing you to confirm or remind you of purchases or participation;
- Administering surveys, sweepstakes, contests or giveaways (for instance, to deliver a prize you may have won in a contest);
- Sending you information via e-mail or postal mail about our services, appointment reminders, offers and news that may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your communications, communicate with you about our services, provide you with customer service and support, and attend to tasks relating to your transactions with Hoag.
We use non-personally identifiable information to improve the Sites, enable Site features and enhance our services.
For example, we may analyze how our Sites are used to:
- Improve the browsing experience for the Sites;
- Analyze the performance of the Sites and diagnose problems;
- Administer the Sites;
- Carry out internal operations.
Your non-personally identifiable information also may be used to analyze and develop advertisements and advertising campaigns provide you with special offers and promotions and determine the effectiveness of same.
Hoag also may use your non-personally identifiable information to present you with targeted content and advertisements (including on third party websites and apps) based on your past visits to the Sites and your non-personally identifiable information collected over time by us and third parties, optimize and determine the effectiveness of content and advertisements, analyze your interactions with the content and advertisements you are presented with, and how these interactions relate to your visits to the Sites. Some of our third party partners participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising and allow consumers the ability to opt-out of targeted advertising based on web activity tracking. For more information regarding the foregoing, please Click Here or visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note that you still may receive standard advertisements from us and targeted advertisements from third parties after clicking the link following the instructions provided therein. You may need to re-click the link and follow the instructions provided therein if you delete cookies or other Collection Technology or use a different computer, device or browser.
Information collected through the Sites and other aspects of our business may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country in which we or our affiliates or agents maintain facilities. By using the Sites and Hoag’s general services, you expressly consent to any such transfer of information outside the United States.
4. Disclosures to Third Parties
We may share personal information with our affiliates and third parties such as our service providers whom we engage to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Shipping or delivery services;
- Payment processors or billing services;
- Consultants or affiliates.
We also may share personal information:
- As required by law or to comply with law enforcement or other government agencies;
- To protect the rights, safety, or property of Hoag or others;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- To protect against threats, illegal activities or fraud;
- With a third party or successor in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or disposition of all or any portion of our business or operations.
Hoag may use and share non-personally identifiable information with third parties for a variety of purposes including, without limitation, marketing and promotional services for Hoag; website evaluation; remarketing, data analysis; and/or to perform the other tasks described in Section 3 above. We also may de-identify personally identifiable information (remove information that could be used to identify a person) and share it in aggregated form with third parties, advertisers and business partners to analyze usage, demographics or interests, improve our products or services, improve user experience, or for similar purposes. We will not re-identify such data and we will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form.
5. Cookies and Other Collection Technology
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your computer. When you visit the Sites, your web browser may store cookies on your computer or device, or your computer or device may be exposed to other technologies such as web beacons, pixels, gifs or tags (“Collection Technology”), which will better enable you to navigate the Sites upon return and will collect certain information about you. You may use the Sites even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies or other Collection Technology; however, some features of the Sites may not work properly with cookies or other Collection Technology disabled. Cookies or Other Collection Technology also may be used by any third party websites for which a link is placed on our Sites.
We also may work with other companies who use tracking technologies, including cookies or other Collection Technology, to serve ads on our behalf across the internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visit to the Sites and about your interaction with our communications, including advertising and emails.
6. Do Not Track Mechanisms
At this time, Hoag is unable to universally respond to a “Do Not Track” or other “opt-out” mechanism that has been activated by a user through their web browser and, except as otherwise provided herein, does not alter its policies if a user activates same.
7. Your Opt-Out Choices
If you subscribe to our email newsletter, you may opt-out by following the instructions contained within the email or by calling us at 1-877-833-9741.
If you would like to update your mailing information or want your name and address removed from Hoag’s marketing direct mailing list you can give us a call at 1-877-833-9741.
8. Children’s Privacy
Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using the Sites. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that Hoag may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, you may contact Hoag at email@example.com or 1-877-833-9741 and request that your child’s personal information be deleted.
9. Data Security
We have taken reasonable technical and operational precautions in order to protect personal information stored by Hoag from unauthorized access, misuse or loss. Our security procedures are monitored regularly and updated in line with technological progress.
No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Hoag to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither Hoag nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
Hoag is not responsible for the acts and omissions of any third parties.
You may have the opportunity to follow a link on the Sites to other websites operated by third parties that may be of interest to you. Hoag endeavors to link only to reputable websites related to your areas of interest. Because these other websites may not be hosted or controlled by Hoag, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites or the content provided thereon.
12. California Immunization Registry
Hoag may share your immunization or tuberculosis (TB) screening test records with the California Immunization Registry (CAIR), a statewide, secure and confidential database of patient immunization information. The CAIR is used by health care professionals, agencies, and schools to keep track of all shots and TB tests you take, and can provide proof about immunizations needed to start child care, school, or a new job. If you do not want your immunization or TB records to be shared with other registry users, please fax or email the “Decline or Start Sharing/Immunization Information Request Form,” available on the CAIR website at http://cairweb.org/cair-forms/, to the CAIR Help Desk at 1-888-436-8320 or CAIRHelpDesk@cdph.ca.gov
13. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and have provided personal information to Hoag, you are entitled by law to request certain information regarding any disclosure that may have been made by Hoag to third parties of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Hoag is required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above email address.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so. You may make such a request by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personal information or for processing this request.
If you have questions about Hoag’s privacy practices, you may contact us at email@example.com, 1-877-833-9741, or Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, One Hoag Drive, P.O. Box 6100, Newport Beach, CA 92658-6100, Phone: 949-764-HOAG (4624).